The ODI Fellowship Scheme
Giving postgraduate economists and statisticians an opportunity to work in the public sectors of developing countries.
We are now inviting applications for the 2014-2016 Fellowship Scheme. The deadline for applications is December 17th, 2013
The ODI Fellowship Scheme has two objectives:
- to provide governments of developing countries with high calibre junior professional economists and statisticians where gaps in local expertise exist; and
- to provide postgraduate economists and statisticians with practical work experience in a developing country.
The ODI Fellowship Scheme:
- has existed since 1963
- is demand-led by developing country governments who share the costs of employing Fellows with ODI
- has worked in over 40 mostly low-income countries in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific;
- has sent over 1,000 economists to work in developing countries on two-year postings;
- is open to postgraduate economists and statisticians of any nationality;
- is currently partnered with 24 developing country governments and regional bodies; and
- awarded 57 Fellowships in 2013 and currently has 105 Fellows in post.