The ODI Fellowship Scheme
Giving postgraduate economists and statisticians an opportunity to work in the public sectors of developing countries.
The application process for the 2014-2016 Fellowship Scheme has now closed.
We will notify only those candidates we shortlist for interviews before the end of January 2014. Interviews will take place at the ODI offices in London between 17 February 2014 - 25 February 2014.
The ODI Fellowship Scheme has two objectives:
- to provide governments of developing countries with high calibre junior professional economists and statisticians where gaps in local expertise exist; and
- to provide postgraduate economists and statisticians with practical work experience in a developing country.
The ODI Fellowship Scheme:
- has existed since 1963
- is demand-led by developing country governments who share the costs of employing Fellows with ODI
- has worked in over 40 mostly low-income countries in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific;
- has sent over 1,000 economists to work in developing countries on two-year postings;
- is open to postgraduate economists and statisticians of any nationality;
- is currently partnered with 24 developing country governments and regional bodies; and
- awarded 57 Fellowships in 2013 and currently has 105 Fellows in post.