This two-day workshop focused on research communications and policy influence and was held in Pretoria, South Africa for TrustAfrica's Investment Climate and Business Environment (ICBE) research fund grantees.
This workshop explored research communications and policy influence with for TrustAfrica's Investment Climate and Business Environment (ICBE) research fund grantees to help develop their skills to enable them to better package and deliver their findings to policy-makers and other relevant stakeholders for policy influence.
This training included the following:
- Introduction to the RAPID Outcome Mapping Approach
- How to create effective messaging and argument
- What channels and tools to select and use
- How to develop policy briefs
- How to engage with the media in their context
- How to write a press release
- On camera /press conference training
Participants were researchers, who had received grants from the Investment Climate & Business Environment (ICBE) Research Fund, and who work throughout the African continent.